I will be revamping this site soon as I'm just about ready to get back in the swing of things. I'm still super busy with the kids' activities, work, and life. I don't find much time to quilt unless its making another commissioned T-shirt quilt, a T-shirt quilt for my daughter, or a last minute HHS Lacrosse Silent Auction quilt.
Yes, that's right. After last year's auction debaucle, I didn't think I'd ever make another quilt for any type of fundraiser. I talked myself into it after getting the itch to make the Superman lacrosse quilt I'd had on my mind for months. I don't think I've ever whipped out a pattern so quickly or made a quilt so fast.
One of these days, I'm going to design and quilt a project with supreme thoughtfulness and organization from start to finish.
I was in get-it-done mode so I did some things for the quilting that I wish I hadn't. I jumped into the project with both feet and didn't have a specific plan other than I wanted to make it a lap-sized quilt. If I had...... The pattern was 37x37", but I ended up squaring up the finished block to 34". The pattern was made from a Superman graphic image that I added a lacrosse stick to with help from my lacrosse playing son. I sandwiched this section and quilted it with stars. I used Ann Petersen's medallion method from her Craftsy class, Quilting Big Projects on a Small Machine, and added four grey borders to this block and then the four outside blue borders. I love the method with the only change to the technique being that I sewed with 1/2" seam allowances. I wish I had continued to quilt stars into the rest of the grey instead of quilting the lines. I should have made Superman finish larger as I think the scale is off. .....otherwise, I'm pleased.
The quilt finished about 57x70".
It auctioned for $500.00.....much better than the $75.00 last year's quilt brought.
I actually can't believe it. The bidding started at $100 and pushed to $500.00 in $100 increments. I sat in my chair and wanted to crawl under it. I'm nervous the other way now.... I dreamt the whole night after the auction that the buyer had remorse and wanted her money back. I dreamt that the "fix" was in and that the whole $500.00 wouldn't be remitted. I also dreamt that the quilt fell apart when she washed it.
I don't know if I will ever be able to manage my anxiety.....
Tuesday Tutorial-The Pumpkin Pin Cushion
7 hours ago